Full course description
This 8-week, asynchronous course is geared toward professionals who have one or more years of hands-on experience designing distributed systems on AWS.
Mastering cloud architecture design requires a strong foundation in IT concepts. In preparation for the AWS Certification exam, students learn the fundamentals of building IT infrastructure on AWS through a guided, instructor-led approach. Learn how to optimize the use of the AWS cloud by understanding how AWS services fit into cloud-based business solutions.
Delivered through interactive classes, students get:
- Hands-on experience with practice-server access to the AWS platform: Online labs, activities, and projects.
- eLearning portal access with interactive content: Labs, video, and practice exams.
- Online knowledge assessments.
- Challenging scenario-based exercises that reinforce curriculum topics.
Expectations Upon Completion
You will be prepared to sit for the AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification exam. You will be able to perform tasks not limited to these:
- Architect and deploy secure and robust AWS applications.
- Define solutions using architectural design principles based on customer requirements.
- Provide best-practice implementation guidelines.
- Identify the value and benefits of cloud and AWS.
- Understand data protection and methodology.
- Explain the financial advantages of the AWS cloud.
- Navigate the AWS Management Console.
- Understand AWS compute, networking, storage, and database options.
- Create cloud migration roadmaps and business continuity plans.
- Use AWS to make infrastructures scalable.
- Automate the deployment of cloud resources.
- Design architectures to decouple infrastructure and reduce interdependencies.
- Optimize data storage for static content.
- Identify and solve common configuration and design issues.
- Differentiate between architectures for data processing and analytics, mobile backends, and video transcoding.
General IT Prerequisite Knowledge and Experience
Before taking this course, you should have:
- An understanding of IT technical and business knowledge, and general concepts for networks, cloud computing, and distributed systems.
- Familiarity with computer hardware, operating systems and basic scripting and programming knowledge.
AWS Prerequisite Knowledge and Experience
While not required, students most successful in this course have:
- A basic understanding of global infrastructure and architecture.
- Familiarity with common AWS services and how and when they are used.